Communications/Public Engagement Timeline
Phase I – February 2017 to September 2017: Stakeholder Outreach— Re-engage multiple stakeholder groups to gather input about project design options; construction staging and closures; community and campus effects; mobility management during construction; and other innovative opportunities to improve this project. For a summary of the first phase of public engagement (including survey results and public meetings), click here. For a list of meetings held during Phase I, click here.
- Concerns, ideas, issues with the current intersection.
- How to minimize disruption during construction.
- Travel behavior changes to shorten and improve the project.
- Ideas/input on intersection design ideas.
- Opportunities we might be missing.
Phase II – September 2018 to end of Spring 2019: Findings from Phase 1 project discussion for two construction concepts of the below-ground option.
- Option 1: shorter overall project duration, but longer traffic closure time.
- Option 2: substantial amount of construction accomplished before a shorter duration traffic closure.
- General Timeline for each option and an estimate of extra travel time for some typical travel patterns through the construction zone.
Construction Projects Timeline
BWX project timeline and nearby projects underway: